Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 4: Flickr-ing



"And you're done." This slogan appears daily in my cubicle, stamped on the side of boxes of every shape and size delivered from Amazon.com. And while ordering from Amazon does have its rough edges, the promise of simplicity in that slogan generally comes true. I can quickly find the books I need, order them with a few clicks, and wait confidently on the receipt of a smiling brown box just a few days later. The unbeatable discounts and the swift delivery are the two reasons I do most of my ordering for the library through Amazon.

The phrase "and you're done" popped into my head again today as I realized that with very little effort, I had posted, tagged, and described a photo on Flickr. I really appreciate how easy it was to do this. I had actually planned to take some pictures of my workspace, so the timing of this was great for me personally. But I don't yet see a work-related connection use for Flickr.

No comments: