Friday, March 21, 2008

Thing 3: RSS Feed, or Stuffing My Face?

So I set up my RSS feeds a few days ago, and I have mixed feelings. I think it's extremely helpful for blogs to which the blogger posts infrequently. I really dislike checking a blog over and over, hoping to catch any new crumb that falls. But for blogs that are frequently updated, I find it kind of distressing to see them in the RSS feed. Seeing the many many posts that I haven't viewed all lined up on the page really makes the words introducing the CNET video ring true: I am confronted with "more news from more sources than you could ever possibly read."

On the plus side, in the process of writing this post I learned how to embed a link. I never even really thought about how those handy clickable words came to be.

No comments: